- 2 kilos of spare ribs
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 725ml stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoonful soya sauce
- 1 tablespoonful sugar
- 1 teaspoonful ginger powder
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Cut up the spare ribs, marinate for twenty four hours in a cool place.
- Roast the ribs in a pan at 350F (180C) or Gas Mark 5.
Drain off fat and finish under grill, basting with marinate, until crisp.
For more recipes with apple cider vinegar follow the link
Spare Ribs With Apple Cider Vinega
Fruit and veggies are rich in vitamins. Eat daily for good health.
- Garlic is anti-bacterial. This is a natural antibiotic, best when crushed.
- Garlic strengthens the immune system and fights chest infections.
- Garlic contains a high level of antioxidants which destroy free radicals in the body which are the cause of degenerative disease. It regulates blood pressure.
- It is a good source of selenium, which promotes a healthy heart. Research has found that a compound in garlic could shrink bowel cancer cells. It contains Vitamin C, vitamin B6, as well as amino acids and enzymes. Click on link for complete article.
There are hundreds of centenarians living in the villages of the Russian Caucasus. A few miles from the Persian border, Shirali Muslimov offers visitors recollections of historic events which happened in mid-nineteenth-century Russia. Muslimov was born in 1805 in the village of Barzavu. He had twenty three children and has never been ill. He can recall incidents from 150 years ago. He works a full day and still has good hearing and eyesight.
Azerbaijan may be where you will find the most centenarians. In these mountains you will find these hearty, white haired centenarians as they tread the rocky highland roads to tend their cattle or goat herds, their backs bent under heavy loads of produce.
Aloe Vera Gel in Smoothies -Click here for more recipes.
People in Jamaica seem to know more about aloe vera than the rest of the world. They treat most sicknesses and diseases with aloe vera. As this plant seems to be a miracle plant it makes sense to add the aloe vera gel to your smoothies. The gel is tasteless so what do you have to lose. You certainly have a lot to gain by adding its benefits to you daily smoothie.
Apple, Pear, Banana and Aloe Vera Gel Smoothie
- One apple quartered
- One pear quartered
- One frozen banana sliced
- Half a cup aloe vera gel
- (or two tablespoons)
- Half cup soy milk
- Tablespoon honey
- Place frozen banana,
- apple and pear into blender.
- Blend. Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend until smooth
Resveratrol and HIV
- Grapes contain resveratrol which are known to be effective against cancer.
- Resveratrol is found in the skins of grapes, grape juice, berries, and peanuts.
- Research has shown that resveratrol could increase cell survival and slow aging in mice, by activating a longevity gene known as Sirtl.
- Resveratrol blocks some of the cellular enzymes which HIV uses to reproduce.
- Grapes also contain the following which help to fight cancer. Click on the link to read the complete post.
Click the above link for more recipes.
- 3tbsps sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated garlic.
- 1 tsp peeled grated ginger
- Deboned skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Small can of plum tomatoes chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp masala
- Small cup of fenugreek leaves
- Add the oil to a pan over medium heat.Add the onion when oil is hot.
- Cook until it is light brown, then add the ginger and garlic
- Cook for another few minutes
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides
- Add tomatoes and green chillies
- Stir, then add the turmeric and some salt.
- Mix well and add the masala
- Stir and add the fenugreek leaves.
- Add hot water to just cover the chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.