- 2 kilos of spare ribs
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 725ml stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoonful soya sauce
- 1 tablespoonful sugar
- 1 teaspoonful ginger powder
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Cut up the spare ribs, marinate for twenty four hours in a cool place.
- Roast the ribs in a pan at 350F (180C) or Gas Mark 5.
Drain off fat and finish under grill, basting with marinate, until crisp.
For more recipes with apple cider vinegar follow the link
Spare Ribs With Apple Cider Vinega
Apple Cider Vinegar for Household Cleaning
Apple Cider Vinegar is free of chemicals and may be used in the following manner for household cleaning.
- Rinse your pet’s blankets with apple cider vinegar after washing.
- Spray your dog’s kennel with apple cider vinegar after cleaning. It is chemical free and not harmful to your pets.
- Mix half a cup apple cider vinegar with half a cup water and pour into a spray bottle. Spray your dog with this mixture to get rid of fleas.
- Remove odors from carpets with apple cider vinegar.
- Leave for half an hour and then vacuum.
- Remove mildew from fridge door seals. Wipe down with full strength vinegar.
- Mix one cup of apple cider with one cup water. Clean microwaves, kitchen surfaces and wall tiles with this solution.
- To remove mildew on your shower curtain, add one cup of apple cider to the rinse water.
- Remove grease from stoves with half cup vinegar mixed with half cup water.
- Click on the blue link above for more posts on apple cider vinegar.
Fruit and veggies are rich in vitamins. Eat daily for good health.
- Garlic is anti-bacterial. This is a natural antibiotic, best when crushed.
- Garlic strengthens the immune system and fights chest infections.
- Garlic contains a high level of antioxidants which destroy free radicals in the body which are the cause of degenerative disease. It regulates blood pressure.
- It is a good source of selenium, which promotes a healthy heart. Research has found that a compound in garlic could shrink bowel cancer cells. It contains Vitamin C, vitamin B6, as well as amino acids and enzymes. Click on link for complete article.
There are hundreds of centenarians living in the villages of the Russian Caucasus. A few miles from the Persian border, Shirali Muslimov offers visitors recollections of historic events which happened in mid-nineteenth-century Russia. Muslimov was born in 1805 in the village of Barzavu. He had twenty three children and has never been ill. He can recall incidents from 150 years ago. He works a full day and still has good hearing and eyesight.
Azerbaijan may be where you will find the most centenarians. In these mountains you will find these hearty, white haired centenarians as they tread the rocky highland roads to tend their cattle or goat herds, their backs bent under heavy loads of produce.
Aloe Vera Gel in Smoothies -Click here for more recipes.
People in Jamaica seem to know more about aloe vera than the rest of the world. They treat most sicknesses and diseases with aloe vera. As this plant seems to be a miracle plant it makes sense to add the aloe vera gel to your smoothies. The gel is tasteless so what do you have to lose. You certainly have a lot to gain by adding its benefits to you daily smoothie.
Apple, Pear, Banana and Aloe Vera Gel Smoothie
- One apple quartered
- One pear quartered
- One frozen banana sliced
- Half a cup aloe vera gel
- (or two tablespoons)
- Half cup soy milk
- Tablespoon honey
- Place frozen banana,
- apple and pear into blender.
- Blend. Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend until smooth
Soya Bean Salad -Click here for more recipes.
- Soak ½ cup dry soya beans in one liter of water overnight.
- Cook the beans in the water that it was soaked in until they are tender, adding salt to taste about fifteen minutes before the beans are ready.
- Do not add salt from the start as the beans will not become as soft.
Marinade the Cooked Beans for a Few Hours
Mix the following
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup soya sauce
3 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 large clove crushed garlic
2 tsp sugar
Add washed lettuce and young spinach to the salad bowl.
Slice cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and green pepper and add.
Add parsley and feta cheese. Or your favorite cheese.
Add the beans and a French dressing.
Mung Bean Sprouts Salad
Add mung bean sprouts in a salad bowl
Pour some French dressing over sprouts
Add peeled and sliced cucumber
Add chopped cashew nuts.
Sprouts are a rich source of vitamins B, C and E, minerals and amino acids. They are very nutritious when eaten raw. Use them in salads and sandwiches
Chocolate Molasses Toffee
Rich buttery toffee topped with a thick layer of chocolate, cinnamon and molasses.
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups butter
- ¼ cup water
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, water and molasses and stir until sugar dissolves.
Raise the heat to medium and clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan.
Cook, stirring slowly but constantly, until the thermometer reaches 290F, about 15 -20 minutes.
Stir in the cinnamon after removing from heat. Pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee and let stand for one minute to soften.
Using a knife or spatula spread the chocolate over the toffee until it is melted and smooth.
Place in the refrigerator uncovered until the toffee is firm, about 2 hours.
Break into pieces and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Click on the link for more posts about molasses
Aloe the Miracle Plant
Aloe the Miracle Plant
Aloe Vera extracts have anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties that can kill bacteria, fungi and viruses. It boost the immune system and the high level of antioxidants protect your body. Read the complete article by following the link.
Resveratrol and HIV
- Grapes contain resveratrol which are known to be effective against cancer.
- Resveratrol is found in the skins of grapes, grape juice, berries, and peanuts.
- Research has shown that resveratrol could increase cell survival and slow aging in mice, by activating a longevity gene known as Sirtl.
- Resveratrol blocks some of the cellular enzymes which HIV uses to reproduce.
- Grapes also contain the following which help to fight cancer. Click on the link to read the complete post.
Click the above link for more recipes.
- 3tbsps sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated garlic.
- 1 tsp peeled grated ginger
- Deboned skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Small can of plum tomatoes chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp masala
- Small cup of fenugreek leaves
- Add the oil to a pan over medium heat.Add the onion when oil is hot.
- Cook until it is light brown, then add the ginger and garlic
- Cook for another few minutes
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides
- Add tomatoes and green chillies
- Stir, then add the turmeric and some salt.
- Mix well and add the masala
- Stir and add the fenugreek leaves.
- Add hot water to just cover the chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.