Apple Cider Vinegar for Household Cleaning
Apple Cider Vinegar is free of chemicals and may be used in the following manner for household cleaning.
- Rinse your pet’s blankets with apple cider vinegar after washing.
- Spray your dog’s kennel with apple cider vinegar after cleaning. It is chemical free and not harmful to your pets.
- Mix half a cup apple cider vinegar with half a cup water and pour into a spray bottle. Spray your dog with this mixture to get rid of fleas.
- Remove odors from carpets with apple cider vinegar.
- Leave for half an hour and then vacuum.
- Remove mildew from fridge door seals. Wipe down with full strength vinegar.
- Mix one cup of apple cider with one cup water. Clean microwaves, kitchen surfaces and wall tiles with this solution.
- To remove mildew on your shower curtain, add one cup of apple cider to the rinse water.
- Remove grease from stoves with half cup vinegar mixed with half cup water.
- Click on the blue link above for more posts on apple cider vinegar.
Aloe Vera Gel in Smoothies -Click here for more recipes.
People in Jamaica seem to know more about aloe vera than the rest of the world. They treat most sicknesses and diseases with aloe vera. As this plant seems to be a miracle plant it makes sense to add the aloe vera gel to your smoothies. The gel is tasteless so what do you have to lose. You certainly have a lot to gain by adding its benefits to you daily smoothie.
Apple, Pear, Banana and Aloe Vera Gel Smoothie
- One apple quartered
- One pear quartered
- One frozen banana sliced
- Half a cup aloe vera gel
- (or two tablespoons)
- Half cup soy milk
- Tablespoon honey
- Place frozen banana,
- apple and pear into blender.
- Blend. Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend until smooth
Soya Bean Salad -Click here for more recipes.
- Soak ½ cup dry soya beans in one liter of water overnight.
- Cook the beans in the water that it was soaked in until they are tender, adding salt to taste about fifteen minutes before the beans are ready.
- Do not add salt from the start as the beans will not become as soft.
Marinade the Cooked Beans for a Few Hours
Mix the following
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup soya sauce
3 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 large clove crushed garlic
2 tsp sugar
Add washed lettuce and young spinach to the salad bowl.
Slice cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and green pepper and add.
Add parsley and feta cheese. Or your favorite cheese.
Add the beans and a French dressing.
Mung Bean Sprouts Salad
Add mung bean sprouts in a salad bowl
Pour some French dressing over sprouts
Add peeled and sliced cucumber
Add chopped cashew nuts.
Sprouts are a rich source of vitamins B, C and E, minerals and amino acids. They are very nutritious when eaten raw. Use them in salads and sandwiches
Aloe the Miracle Plant
Aloe the Miracle Plant
Aloe Vera extracts have anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties that can kill bacteria, fungi and viruses. It boost the immune system and the high level of antioxidants protect your body. Read the complete article by following the link.
Resveratrol and HIV
- Grapes contain resveratrol which are known to be effective against cancer.
- Resveratrol is found in the skins of grapes, grape juice, berries, and peanuts.
- Research has shown that resveratrol could increase cell survival and slow aging in mice, by activating a longevity gene known as Sirtl.
- Resveratrol blocks some of the cellular enzymes which HIV uses to reproduce.
- Grapes also contain the following which help to fight cancer. Click on the link to read the complete post.
Click the above link for more recipes.
- 3tbsps sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated garlic.
- 1 tsp peeled grated ginger
- Deboned skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- Small can of plum tomatoes chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp masala
- Small cup of fenugreek leaves
- Add the oil to a pan over medium heat.Add the onion when oil is hot.
- Cook until it is light brown, then add the ginger and garlic
- Cook for another few minutes
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides
- Add tomatoes and green chillies
- Stir, then add the turmeric and some salt.
- Mix well and add the masala
- Stir and add the fenugreek leaves.
- Add hot water to just cover the chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Hawaii badly needed another source of income besides sugar cane, then their principal crop.
- When sugar prices were up, everybody had money, when they fell, Hawaiians were broke. Millions had been spent experimenting with new crops. Jim Dole decided that pineapple was the crop.
- Captain John Kidwell, an English settler in Hawaii, had imported slips from Jamaica and Australia some time before, and demonstrated that pineapples would thrive in Hawaii’s red soil. But there was no market for his fruit.
- However, that did not stop Jim Dole he announced that he would soon be growing pineapples by the million. He would then market them.
- Dole set out 75,000 plants on 12 acres at Wahiawa on Oahu Island. The Islanders said Dole was wasting his time.
- Hawaiians don’t belittle Jim Doyle’s dream. Since 1901 the fabulous and exotic fruit has brought more than two thousand million dollars to Hawaii. The modest planting he launched at Wahiawa grew to 73,000 acres, which produce 70 per cent of the world’s supply of tinned pineapple.
- The Hawaiian Pineapple Company he founded was Hawaii’s largest employer. Click on link to read the rest of the article.
Some three thousand years ago. King Solomon of ancient Israel discovered the principples of creativity and genius. He recorded them for posterity in the erotic verse of “The Song of Songs,” long regarded as the “greatest puzzle in all literature. Happily that puzzle has now been solved, making those simple yet powerful principles once again easily available to any interested persons. Available at smashwords for $9.99
About John Thomas.
I am a retired science teacher/writer. Author of a book on creative thinking and problem solving. “Take Charge of Tomorrow and Change It.”
click on image