- Hawaii badly needed another source of income besides sugar cane, then their principal crop.
- When sugar prices were up, everybody had money, when they fell, Hawaiians were broke. Millions had been spent experimenting with new crops. Jim Dole decided that pineapple was the crop.
- Captain John Kidwell, an English settler in Hawaii, had imported slips from Jamaica and Australia some time before, and demonstrated that pineapples would thrive in Hawaii’s red soil. But there was no market for his fruit.
- However, that did not stop Jim Dole he announced that he would soon be growing pineapples by the million. He would then market them.
- Dole set out 75,000 plants on 12 acres at Wahiawa on Oahu Island. The Islanders said Dole was wasting his time.
- Hawaiians don’t belittle Jim Doyle’s dream. Since 1901 the fabulous and exotic fruit has brought more than two thousand million dollars to Hawaii. The modest planting he launched at Wahiawa grew to 73,000 acres, which produce 70 per cent of the world’s supply of tinned pineapple.
- The Hawaiian Pineapple Company he founded was Hawaii’s largest employer. Click on link to read the rest of the article.
The Best of Goose Down Products
In 1973 Dick and Trudy Eastman bought a wild duck and goose processing plant near the Oregon border. In the beginning they sold the down and feathers to a company that bought feathers and down. Hunters came from all over in the hunting season to shoot thousands of ducks and geese. The season started in January and lasted three months until the end of March. Read complete article by clicking on the link.
Lottery Icon – An interesting ebook on strategies to winning the lotto. Book contains 40,040- words.
Get this ebook at smashwords for $9.99.
Click on image.
Internet Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses, are becoming more and more critical for both the short and long term success of local small businesses. The fact is your customers are looking for you online. The question is “can they find you even if they know your name.” For entrepreneurs and small business owners, this book is a must. If you want your business to succeed, learn how to make your business more visible online. Don’t delay buy today. This interesting book is available at smashwords for $7-77.
Click on image
Robert Harrell finally reveals his powerful system which unlocks dynamic forces which are hidden inside our minds. An accomplished sales executive and rising motivational powerhouse. His fantastic rise from being homeless and feeling suicidal to landing a new job and producing over one million dollars in sales in under a year. He uncovered a method in which he could combine his thoughts in certain ways to automatically produce successful results. This came about when his mother handed him a small book by Napoleon Hills, “You can work your own miracles.” It inspired him to test out the theories. Robert Harrell was born in Brooklyn, NY.
This amazing book is available at smashwords for $10-00
Click on image
Discover the secrets that millionaires never share. A few simple steps for unlimited wealth and financial freedom.This is the most concise book you will ever read on personal finance. This book will help you avoid financial calamity and show you how to prosper financially in a very easy way. If you want financial freedom you need to read this book. It is amazing. Available at smashwords for $19.99
Ali Vaidya has highly diversified skills and experiences from Finance to Sales and Marketing, to Online Business Strategies to Internet and Social Media Markets.
Click on image