- 2 kilos of spare ribs
- 4 tablespoons sherry
- 725ml stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoonful soya sauce
- 1 tablespoonful sugar
- 1 teaspoonful ginger powder
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Cut up the spare ribs, marinate for twenty four hours in a cool place.
- Roast the ribs in a pan at 350F (180C) or Gas Mark 5.
Drain off fat and finish under grill, basting with marinate, until crisp.
For more recipes with apple cider vinegar follow the link
Spare Ribs With Apple Cider Vinega
River In Flood
On Christmas Eve in 1953, Cyril, his wife, and mother in law, were on their way to visit his parents at Rangataua. They were going to spend the evening and Christmas Day with his parents. They planned to return the day after Christmas. It was a pleasant ride and only 60 km away. He was born in Rangataua, New Zealand and had lived only a few kilometers from the foot of the largest of 3 volcanoes, that was locally known as Ruapehu. Although he had a lovely childhood, fishing with his father in the streams, he also knew the danger of the volcanoes. The road was quiet, when he stopped to get his jacket from the boot. As he opened the car door, he heard a roar that was growing louder. Then he realized it could only be the river at Tangiwai, which was a few kilometers further.
It was already early evening when they reached the river and saw at once that it was in flood and starting to overflow the bridge. As there had been no recent heavy rains, he knew that the flood could only be caused by the Ruapchu mountain.
Heading For Disaster
Ellis was surprised at the speed at which the river was rising. As he stared at the road and the railway bridge a bit further down he saw a yellow surge of water and the whole bridge disappeared in front of them. He thanked his lucky stars that they had been going slowly and had not been on the bridge. The noise was unbelievable and Ellis swung his torch and was amazed at the power of the roaring river. As he looked towards the Railway bridge, he was filled with horror. The concrete pillars supporting the bridge had washed away and only the rails remained. The rails were breaking away in slow motion. As if that was not enough he could see the approaching lights of a train.
Read the complete story by clicking on the link http://hubpages.com/politics/Disaster-of-the-Wellington-Express
Apple Cider Vinegar for Household Cleaning
Apple Cider Vinegar is free of chemicals and may be used in the following manner for household cleaning.
- Rinse your pet’s blankets with apple cider vinegar after washing.
- Spray your dog’s kennel with apple cider vinegar after cleaning. It is chemical free and not harmful to your pets.
- Mix half a cup apple cider vinegar with half a cup water and pour into a spray bottle. Spray your dog with this mixture to get rid of fleas.
- Remove odors from carpets with apple cider vinegar.
- Leave for half an hour and then vacuum.
- Remove mildew from fridge door seals. Wipe down with full strength vinegar.
- Mix one cup of apple cider with one cup water. Clean microwaves, kitchen surfaces and wall tiles with this solution.
- To remove mildew on your shower curtain, add one cup of apple cider to the rinse water.
- Remove grease from stoves with half cup vinegar mixed with half cup water.
- Click on the blue link above for more posts on apple cider vinegar.
Fruit and veggies are rich in vitamins. Eat daily for good health.
- Garlic is anti-bacterial. This is a natural antibiotic, best when crushed.
- Garlic strengthens the immune system and fights chest infections.
- Garlic contains a high level of antioxidants which destroy free radicals in the body which are the cause of degenerative disease. It regulates blood pressure.
- It is a good source of selenium, which promotes a healthy heart. Research has found that a compound in garlic could shrink bowel cancer cells. It contains Vitamin C, vitamin B6, as well as amino acids and enzymes. Click on link for complete article.
There are hundreds of centenarians living in the villages of the Russian Caucasus. A few miles from the Persian border, Shirali Muslimov offers visitors recollections of historic events which happened in mid-nineteenth-century Russia. Muslimov was born in 1805 in the village of Barzavu. He had twenty three children and has never been ill. He can recall incidents from 150 years ago. He works a full day and still has good hearing and eyesight.
Azerbaijan may be where you will find the most centenarians. In these mountains you will find these hearty, white haired centenarians as they tread the rocky highland roads to tend their cattle or goat herds, their backs bent under heavy loads of produce.
Aloe Vera Gel in Smoothies -Click here for more recipes.
People in Jamaica seem to know more about aloe vera than the rest of the world. They treat most sicknesses and diseases with aloe vera. As this plant seems to be a miracle plant it makes sense to add the aloe vera gel to your smoothies. The gel is tasteless so what do you have to lose. You certainly have a lot to gain by adding its benefits to you daily smoothie.
Apple, Pear, Banana and Aloe Vera Gel Smoothie
- One apple quartered
- One pear quartered
- One frozen banana sliced
- Half a cup aloe vera gel
- (or two tablespoons)
- Half cup soy milk
- Tablespoon honey
- Place frozen banana,
- apple and pear into blender.
- Blend. Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend until smooth
Soya Bean Salad -Click here for more recipes.
- Soak ½ cup dry soya beans in one liter of water overnight.
- Cook the beans in the water that it was soaked in until they are tender, adding salt to taste about fifteen minutes before the beans are ready.
- Do not add salt from the start as the beans will not become as soft.
Marinade the Cooked Beans for a Few Hours
Mix the following
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup soya sauce
3 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 large clove crushed garlic
2 tsp sugar
Add washed lettuce and young spinach to the salad bowl.
Slice cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and green pepper and add.
Add parsley and feta cheese. Or your favorite cheese.
Add the beans and a French dressing.
Mung Bean Sprouts Salad
Add mung bean sprouts in a salad bowl
Pour some French dressing over sprouts
Add peeled and sliced cucumber
Add chopped cashew nuts.
Sprouts are a rich source of vitamins B, C and E, minerals and amino acids. They are very nutritious when eaten raw. Use them in salads and sandwiches
Chocolate Molasses Toffee
Rich buttery toffee topped with a thick layer of chocolate, cinnamon and molasses.
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups butter
- ¼ cup water
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, water and molasses and stir until sugar dissolves.
Raise the heat to medium and clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the pan.
Cook, stirring slowly but constantly, until the thermometer reaches 290F, about 15 -20 minutes.
Stir in the cinnamon after removing from heat. Pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the toffee and let stand for one minute to soften.
Using a knife or spatula spread the chocolate over the toffee until it is melted and smooth.
Place in the refrigerator uncovered until the toffee is firm, about 2 hours.
Break into pieces and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Click on the link for more posts about molasses
Aloe the Miracle Plant
Aloe the Miracle Plant
Aloe Vera extracts have anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties that can kill bacteria, fungi and viruses. It boost the immune system and the high level of antioxidants protect your body. Read the complete article by following the link.